With all of the plans you have put into your big day, are you sure you've thought of everything? Each time I photograph a new wedding, my brides, the moms, and even the bridesmaids pull out something that I would have never thought of having on-hand. Here is just a short list below.
- Your dress and a sturdy hanger for it. You can even make these a gift for your bridesmaids. Check them out here: Parker Custom Engraving
- If your dress has a ton of buttons, grab a crochet hook for help. Thank you to Haute & Co Bridal Boutique for this great tip!
- Bridesmaids dresses (don't forget the sturdy hangers!) and shoes
- Shoes — if you have one pair for the ceremony and one for the reception, have both out, ready to photograph
- Veil/hair accessories
- Bridal jewelry – earrings, necklace, bracelet(s)
- Something old/new/borrowed/blue
- Vows/gift/letter to your groom
- Invitation/envelop - it's often a great idea to help out your photographer by sending them a copy of the invite with an envelop inside of a flat large envelop) so we will already have it just in case you forget it the day of!
- Tie/tie pin
- Vows/gift/letter to your bride
A few extras to think about:
- Clean your rings (engagement and wedding!) This is also a great time to give your engagement ring a good checkup with a professional jeweler.
- Sewing kit
- Bobby/safety pins
- Double-sided tape (holds buttoned shirts closed, also holds bra straps in place
- Spot remover pen
If you have any tips you would like to share – drop us a comment down below. We love getting suggestions to pass on to future brides during our consultations!